For a foreign national to work and reside in the United States permanently, he or she must obtain a green card. At Golden & Jernigan P.C., our immigration lawyers are experienced in the green card process. From preparing the application to providing supporting documentation, our green card attorneys will work with you to properly complete and file your application.

A green card proves permanent resident status in the United States.  After three or five years, a permanent resident may generally apply to naturalize and become a U.S. citizen. To apply for a green card, individuals must fall into one of two categories: family based or employment based.

Family Based Green Cards For:

  • Immediate Family (Spouse, Unmarried Child Under 21, and Parents)
  • Family Member of a U.S. Citizen (Unmarried Sons or Daughters Over 21, Married Child of Any Age, Brothers and Sisters)
  • Family Member of a U.S. Permanent Resident (Spouse, Unmarried Child)

Employment Based Green Cards For:

  • EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Workers
  • EB-2 Professionals
  • EB-3 Skilled or Professional Workers
  • Eb4 Religious Workers and Special Immigrants including Special Immigrant Juveniles
    and Widows
  • EB-5 Immigrant Investor

If you are inadmissible, for example in where you have been illegally in the USA, we may be able to apply to waive your inadmissibility.

The immigration and nationality laws of the United States are complex. Not all green card applications are approved the first time they are filed. Working with an experienced immigration lawyer, familiar with the green card process, will greatly enhance your chances of approval.


Finding the right attorney is one of the most important decisions you will make during your legal process.